Principles of Holistic Healing
Holistic natural healing is the art and science of healing that addresses the whole person – body, mind, and spirit. The “integrative holistic healing principle”, when necessary, utilizes both conventional and alternative therapies to treat disease. Holistic health is defined as “healing with natural healing methods to support an unimpeded free flow of life force energy through the body, mind, and spirit”. When integrative holistic medicine is necessary, holistic physicians endeavor to use the safest modalities possible as they work side-by-side with Natural Holistic Practitioners who heal with only natural elements. Both Integrative Holistic Physicians and Natural Holistic Practitioners focus on patient education in the healing process.
The Principles of a Natural Holistic Practice
- Natural Holistic Practitioners embrace a variety of safe, effective options in diagnosing and applying healing options that include educational lifestyle changes and complementary natural alternatives.
- Discovering the underlying cause of ill-health rather than simply treating symptoms is a primary principle.
- Illness is always viewed as a manifestation of a dysfunction of the whole person, not as an isolated event.
- All healing outcomes are dependent upon the relationship established between the Natural Holistic Practitioner that continually considers the needs, desires, awareness and insight of the client.
- Natural Holistic Practitioners educate and encourage clients to use the healing power of love, hope, humor and enthusiasm to accelerate a physical release of the toxic consequences of hostility, shame, depression, fear, anger, and grief.
- Unconditional love is life’s most powerful healing tool.
- Optimal health is a conscious pursuit of the highest quality of physical, environmental, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social aspects of our daily human experience.